Help to pay unpaid bills.
With the Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS), you can get help with up to $1,300 off what you owe on your energy bills. You can get up to $650 for electricity and $650 for gas every two years (or $1,300 if you only have electricity).
To apply for the grant, you must have:
- your name on the energy bill
- a concession card (or a low income*)
- unexpected increases in costs or decreases in income.
The grant is also available for anyone who has experienced family violence.
*Low income for this grant is:
- $52,000 for single income households
- $78,988 for duel income households
To access this grant, call your energy company and tell them you’d like to apply for the Utility Relief Grant Scheme.