Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS)

Help to pay unpaid bills.

The Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS) helps you to reduce any debt you owe on your energy (and water) bills.

The Grants gives you up to $650 for electricity and $650 for gas every two years (or $1,300 if you only have electricity)​.

To apply for the grant, you must have:​

  • your name on the energy bill
  • a concession card (or a low income*)
  • unexpected increases in costs or​ decreases in income​.

The grant is also available for anyone who has experienced family violence.​

*Low income for this grant is:

  • $52,000 for single income households
  • $78,988 for duel income households

To access this grant, call your energy company and tell them you’d like to apply for the Utility Relief Grant Scheme.  They can help you complete the application.

You cannot be disconnected while an application for the Utility Relief Grant Scheme is being processed.

Share this page

Our website uses cookies to improve your user experience. If you continue to use the website, we’ll assume you’re ok
with this.