What data do we access and collect, and why?
CPRC, as the owner of Energy Info Hub, collects the minimum amount of personal data possible to ensure our work is effective within the resources we have, ensuring we protect and use this data in an ethical and transparent way.
Here we explain what data we have access to, what we collect, and how we work to protect your privacy.
CPRC will never sell your data under any circumstance.
There are three main categories of data we may have access to once you have visited our website, including:
1. Data you disclose without any control.
This is the log data from your visits to our websites, which we do not have direct control over. See the information regarding Cookies below for more detail on this. We recommend using a secure browser that allows you to visit websites privately, without tracking, surveillance or censorship. There are many of these browsers freely available for downlaod.
We do as much as possible to protect this data by regularly deleting it. We don’t process the raw data to understand individual people or their behaviour. This would only occur if there was security incident or service error.
We only use this data to identify how people are using the CPRC website and what content the users are engaging with the most. This helps us to improve our content and ensure we are providing users with what they want, while also allowing us to report back to our Board about the usefulness of the website.
We use Google Analytics in a way that ensures that it complies with GDPR. We will never identify individuals or specific devices.
2. Data you disclose to receive our newsletter.
This includes the email address that you provide to us, your name, organisation and role.
You can share this information with us to ask questions, be notified of specific areas of our work and receive our newsletters. Knowing what sector and organisation you come from assists us to tailor the information you receive.
We do not use this data for any other purpose, nor would we without asking.
3. A record of your engagement with our work.
If you engage with our work, e.g. commenting on our news and opinion items, reports, projects or submissions, we will keep a record of this interaction.
Similarly to the analysis of our log data of website visits, it is helpful for us to know how many people are engaging with each type of content, but this data will not shared with other parties.
How do we protect your privacy?
- We minimise the personal data we hold.
- We do not use third party services to procure and process data.
- We make it easy for you to change or delete your data.
- All data resides on CPRC’s server, hosted by an Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Australia.
- We regularly check and update our security measures. Breaches may occur despite our best efforts, however we will notify you if this occurs and rectify the situation soon as possible.
- Cookies providing essential security measures
- Cookies used for quick loading and distribution of content
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.