Support services

There are a range of services available to help take control of your energy bills.

So don’t be shy, head to these websites or pick up the phone. All the services are free and completely confidential. The answers to your bill troubles might be just one click or call away.

Victorian Energy Compare

Run by the Victorian Government, Victorian Energy Compare is a free, independent website that compares every energy price available to your home. It uses information you provide about your house and your energy bills to search every company for the best energy offers for you. Before you get started on this website, it helps if you have a recent energy bill handy.

Financial Counselling – National Debt Hotline

The National Debt Helpline is a free not-for-profit service helping people tackle their debt problems.  Run by qualified financial counsellors, the Helpline assists people by providing information on your rights and options for managing debt.

The National Debt Helpline can also put you in touch with other support services, such as community legal services, crisis food and accommodation services, and health services.

Call 1800 007 007

Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria (EWOV)

The ombudsman, known as EWOV, provides a free, independent service to protect your rights and help resolve disagreements with energy and water companies.

If you’ve tried to resolve the issue with your energy company and are not satisfied with their response, then you can get in touch with the ombudsman who can provide a free service to investigate the issue for you and let you know what the best, fair outcome will be.

Call 1800 500 509

Share this page

Our website uses cookies to improve your user experience. If you continue to use the website, we’ll assume you’re ok
with this.